Today

I went to visit my favorite three year old today. She says "ouch" a lot and likes to pretend she is hurt and then laughs. She ( or rather her Mom) won a play date with me at the school Gala Auction. They bid the highest (or were the only bidder, I don't know which). They'd made blueberry muffins and we had them with strawberries and latte (I had latte; she had milk). I brought two books and Melvin, my puppet, who she would remember from school. She hid her eyes from the books and from Melvin. Instead she wanted to show me her dress-ups, with her "glass" slippers that light up when she walks. She wanted to play ball, which we did. She has a super-keen eye for catching a ball--terrific for a three and a half year old. We played Zengo, and she played it as if she were a dealer in Las Vegas, all serious and purposeful, with breaks for capering around the room in her flashing shoes.
Before I left I took some pictures of her with my phone. I said they were for her other teacher from this year, but she would have none of that. "Send it to Daddy!" So I sent it to my co-teacher and to her mother, to send to Daddy. She was pleased. As I said goodbye she smiled between her fingers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Halloween, preschool style.

True self-expression

Charlie